Monday, May 22, 2017

How to win one's friends, relatives and even foes as said by Narada

How to win one's friends, relatives and even foes as said by Narada

Once sage Narada came to meet Lord Krishna in the Dwaraka.

Krishna received him well, did wash his feet with water, served food to him and while he was resting came to meet him.

Krishna asked Narada, 'Maharishi, I have all the things in this world. All my relatives are strong. They are all having a lot of wealth. I too give them half of what I have. But the speech of my relatives more often than not hurts me. They abuse me and always use cruel words about me.

I am helpless in this situation. Their cruel speeches burn me inside out. Please tell me a way on how to tackle them'.

Narada replied. 'Krishna calamities are of two kinds. One is internal and the other one is external. They arise due to one's own acts or due to the acts of others. Your present problem is due to your own act'.

There is a weapon that is not made of steel. That is very mild and yet capable of piercing all hearts. Use that weapon as often as possible. Sharpen that weapon as often as possible and tie the tongues of your kinsmen.

The giving of food to one's own capacity, forgiveness, sincerity, mildness and honor to one to whom an honor is due, all these constitute a weapon not made of steel.

By soft words turn away the minds of the kinsmen who use harsh words, mollify their hearts and tame their slanderous tongues.

This could be used or applied only by great men with pure heart. Take up this weight. Following this you can subdue your friends as well as foes'.




No comments: